CodeMore B.V. collects only freely and explicitly given personal data.
We may amend this policy from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website https://codemore.nl.
- Definitions of Terms
- Collection and Use of Personal Data
- Use of Personal Data Collected
- Retention Period
- Rights of Data Subjects
- Handling Privacy Concerns and Access Requests
1. Definitions of Terms
- “Personal Data” – only includes information relating to a living individuals who can be identified or who are identifiable, directly from the information in question; or who can be indirectly identified from that information in combination with other information.
- “Data Controller” – determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- “Data Subject/Natural Person” – any living individual – the visitors of codemore.nl
- “Processing” – is any operation which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Consent”: any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which s/he , by a statement or by clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him/her.
- “General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)” – is designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe and to protect all individual’s rights associated with protection of personal data.
2. Collection and Use of Personal Data
2.1. Collection of Personal Data
CodeMore B.V. obtain personal data directly from individuals in a variety of ways, including obtaining personal data from individuals who provide us their business card, complete our online forms, subscribe to our newsletters and preference centre, register for webinars, attend meetings or events we host, visit our office, apply for open positions at our companies or client’s organizations or provide reference for job applicants. We may also obtain personal data directly when, for example, we are establishing a business relationship, performing professional services through a contract.
CodeMore B.V. through its web site may collect and/or track:
- The home server, domain names, email addresses, type of client computer, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of web browser of visitors to http://codemore.nl webpage;
- The email addresses of visitors that communicate with CodeMore B.V. via email;
- Information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms, surveys, email, contest entries, and other online sources;
- Aggregate and user-specific information on which pages visitors’ access.
Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the organization’s name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and the pages of a service viewed by the visitor. When the visitor revisit CodeMore B.V. website, we may recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor’s experience accordingly.
- CodeMore B.V. uses Google Analytic. This program provides important statistics about the number of visitors, the pages visited and other essential information with which the CodeMore B.V. can continually improve the website for his visitors. These statistics are anonymous and cannot be traced back to a specific person or user.
2.2. Use of Personal Data
CodeMore B.V. aspire to be transparent when we collect and use personal data which typically includes:
- Promoting our professional services, products and capabilities to existing and prospective business clients;
- Personalising online landing pages and communications we think would be of interest based on interactions with us;
- Administering, maintaining and ensuring the security of our information systems, applications and websites;
- Processing online requests, including responding to communications from individuals or requests for proposals and quotations.
- Aggregate data on visitors’ home servers may be used for internal purposes, however will not be provided to third parties such as marketing companies. Individually identifying information, such as names, postal and email addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to CodeMore B.V. may be added to CodeMore databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding service updates, new products and services, and upcoming events.
- CodeMore B.V. use client’s information from Contact or Registration Form. We keep customers contact information strictly confidential.
3. Use of Personal Data Collected
CodeMore B.V. may rely on the following lawful reasons when we collect and use personal data to operate our business and provide our products and services:
- Contract – We may process personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations.
- Consent– We may rely on your freely given consent at the time you provided your personal data to us.
- Legitimate interests– We may rely on legitimate interests based on our evaluation that the processing is fair, reasonable and balanced. These include:
- Delivering services to our clients – To deliver the professional services our clients have engaged us to provide.
- Execution and performance of agreements with our suppliers, partners, sub-contractors, etc.
- Direct marketing – To deliver timely market insights and speciality knowledge we believe is welcomed by our business clients, subscribers and individuals who have interacted with us.
- Offering information and/or services to individuals who visit our website or offering information about employment opportunities.
- Customizing individual’s online experience and improve the performance usability and effectiveness of CodeMore’s online presence.
- Meeting our corporate and social responsibility obligations.
- Preventing fraud or criminal activity and to safeguard our IT systems.
Legal obligations and public interests – We may process personal data in order to meet regulatory and public interest obligations or mandates.
4. Retention period
Your personal information will be retained for 1 year to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
CodeMore B.V. protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
CodeMore B.V. takes precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information systems on which your personal information is stored.
6. Your Rights
Under the Data Protection Regulation, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information CodeMore B.V. hold about you.
- Access– You can ask us to verify whether we are processing personal data about you, and if so, to provide more specific information.
- Correction– You can ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.
- Erasure– You can ask us to erase (delete) your personal data after you withdraw your consent to processing or when we no longer need it for the purpose it was originally collected.
- Processing restrictions– You can ask us to temporarily restrict our processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of your personal data, prefer to restrict its use rather than having us erase it, or need us to preserve it for you to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim. A temporary restriction may apply while verifying whether we
have overriding legitimate grounds to process it. You can ask us to inform you before we lift that temporary processing restriction.
- Data portability– In some circumstances, where you have provided personal data to us, you can ask us to transmit that personal data (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format) directly to another company if is technically feasible.
- Automated Individual Decision-making– You can ask us to review any decisions made about you which we made solely based on automated processing, including
profiling, that produced legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affected you.
- Right to Object to Direct Marketing including Profiling– You can object to use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling.
- Right to Withdraw Consent– You can withdraw your consent that you have previously given to one or more specified purposes to process your personal data. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. It may mean we are not able to provide certain products or services to you and we will advise you if this is the case. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This helps us to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. No fee is required to make a request unless your request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Depending on the circumstances, we may be unable to comply with your request based on other lawful grounds.
7. Handling Privacy Concerns and Access Requests
If you have any questions about this policy or if you believe that your personal information is not handled in accordance with the applicable law or this policy you may contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us: